Saturday 15th September 2018
10:00am - 2:30pm
£70 (£55 Concessions)
Made In Hackney
Food For All Basement
3 Cazenove Road
“Let Food Be Thy Medicine, And Let Medicine Be Thy Food.” - Hippocrates, Father of Western Medicine. The process of fermenting foods is as old as humanity. Fermenting preserves food and makes it more digestible and nutritious. Valued for its complex tastes, fermented foods are a powerful aid to digestion and a protection against disease." Asa Linéa Simonsson from Linéa Nutrition.
The class will include:
• Learning the nutritional benefits of fermented foods
• Making kombucha and water kefir
• Learning how to make sauerkraut and kimchi
• How to make nut cheeses
• How to make fermented salsa and chutneys to go with the cheeses
• Delicious organic plant based lunch and recipes to keep
Asa has more than 20 years’ experience in the medical and healthcare industries and is passionate about helping and inspiring people to improve their health through nutrition. She initially started her career as a nurse around twenty five years ago in Sweden, moving to England in her twenties to start her own business manufacturing and selling natural organic health and beauty products. Asa then took the decision to train as a Nutritional Therapist and a Naturopath with the London College of Naturopathic Medicine (CNM), following three years of full time study and clinical practice. Asa now runs Linéa Nutrition and she is a member of the British Association for Applied Nutrition and Nutritional Therapies (BANT).
Fee*: £70 (£55** Concession) includes a delicious organic plant based lunch
* This fee is used to fund our programme of free courses to vulnerable and low-income community groups. By attending a Made In Hackney masterclass you get a great day of learning AND you’re providing our charity with essential funds for us to continue our work with vulnerable community groups.
** Concessionary rate available for students, pensioners, unemployed and low waged
Refunds: we require a minimum of 7 days' notice for any cancellations or transfers once you have booked onto a class.
Vouchers: To redeem a voucher purchased on our site, please contact us to book a place. If contacting us by email please attach your voucher. If telephoning, have your voucher to hand so you can quote the voucher number.
For information: firstname.lastname@example.org / 020 8442 4266 - Regretfully, the kitchen is not wheelchair accessible.