At Made In Hackney we believe everyone should have access to healthy, affordable food that’s good for people and planet.
Made In Hackney is a local response to a series of global crises:
- How to feed a growing population in an ethical, environmentally sustainable way
- How to tackle chronic ill health particularly (but not exclusively) amongst vulnerable, low income and marginalised groups
- How to support and nurture ethical, local food entrepreneurship
- How to bring together diverse communities to enhance social cohesion and green the urban environment
We aim to help people lead healthier, happier, more connected, environmentally sustainable lives.
What We Do
- Promote health and environmental benefits of eating a local, organic, seasonal, plant based diet
- Teach communities the skills to grow, cook, preserve and compost food that’s good for the health of people and the planet
- Provide training and an affordable kitchen space to support ethical food entrepreneurship
- Run a volunteer programme rich in opportunities to complete training and develop employability skills
- Work with diverse community groups and offer opportunities for interaction, celebration and collaboration
- Inspire communities and give them the skills to green the urban environment