At Made In Hackney we believe everyone should have access to healthy, affordable food that’s good for people and planet.
Made In Hackney is a local response to a series of global crises:
- How to feed a growing population in an ethical, environmentally sustainable way
- How to tackle chronic ill health particularly (but not exclusively) amongst vulnerable, low income and marginalised groups
- How to support and nurture ethical, local food entrepreneurship
- How to bring together diverse communities to enhance social cohesion and green the urban environment
We aim to help people lead healthier, happier, more connected, environmentally sustainable lives.
What We Do
- Promote the health and environmental benefits of eating a planet-friendly plant-based diet.
- Collaborate with communities to share the practical skills to grow, cook and eat more plants.
- Provide free nutritious, culturally diverse meals to households who need support with food.
- Provide training and an affordable kitchen space to support ethical food entrepreneurship.
- Run a volunteer programme rich in opportunities to complete training and develop employability skills.
- Work with diverse community groups and offer opportunities for interaction, celebration and collaboration.