THE PLANT-BASED COMMUNITY COOKERY SCHOOL
Friday 4th December 2020
6:00pm - 8:00pm
£20 (£10 concession). All funds raised go towards our community meal service providing free nutritious, tasty meals to households who need them during these challenging times.
Zoom, details to be provided via email (usually the day before the class). Check your junk mail if need be!
Join Kieumy Pham Thai, plant based certified cookery teacher and specialist in Asian cooking, to learn how to prepare healthy authentic 3 course Thai street food menu..
The class will include:
For ingredients and equipment needed see below
Kieumy was born and raised in France by Vietnamese parents, and she lived in Asia for more than a decade. She trained at Ferrandi, a renowned cookery school in Paris, and later as a Natural Chef and Plant-Based Chef in London. Her style of cooking is strongly influenced by her French-Asian Oriental background and extensive travels. Kieumy is passionate about healthy seasonal food which is good for people and kind to the planet. She founded BOM (Beautiful Wholesome Meals), a social enterprise which employs and trains up refugee women, teaching people to make more conscious choices about the food they eat through sustainable culinary activities.
Fee: £20 (£10 concession). All funds raised go towards our community meal service providing free nutritious, tasty meals to households who need them during these challenging times.
If you are able to donate to our crowdfunder please visit https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/...
If you would like to be added to our FREE online community class mailing list - just drop a line to email@example.com. Please note that, in the interest of fairness, opportunities to attend free classes are limited.
Refunds: we require a minimum of 24 hours' notice for any cancellations or transfers once you have booked onto a class.
CHIANG MAI NOODLE CURRY
Before the class
● Soak the dried red chilis into boiling water for 30min
● Wash and peel the vegetables
● Have all the ingredients ready and weighted
● Cook the 200g noodles al dente as per instructions, drain and rinse in cold water, set aside
● Blanch the green vegetables, rinse in cold water, set aside
Red Curry Paste (1 teaspoon is required, the rest can be frozen)
● 7 large dried red chilies soaked into boiling water for 30min
● 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
● 2 teaspoons finely chopped galangal root (or root ginger)
● 2 teaspoons finely chopped lemongrass
● 1 teaspoon salt
● 1 tablespoon finely chopped Kaffir lime zest (or regular lime zest)
● 2 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
● 2 tablespoons of finely chopped shallots
CHIANG MAI NOODLE CURRY (KOW SOI) (Serves 2 people)
● 200g dried Chinese wheat or rice noodles (cooked al dente according to instructions, rinsed and set aside)
● 300g of fresh green vegetables (bok choy, spinach, blanched tenderstem broccoli)
● 1 garlic clove finely chopped
● 1 teaspoon red curry paste
● 125ml of rich coconut milk (ideally Aroy D brand with 70% coconut)
● 250ml of vegetables stock
● 1 teaspoon of curry powder
● ¼ teaspoon of ground turmeric
● 3 tablespoosn of soy sauce
● ½ teaspoon of coconut sugar (or you can use regular sugar)
● 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
● 30g of dried Chinese noodles (to be fried as a topping)
● 1 spring onion coarsely chopped
● 2 shallots finely chopped
● 4 tablespoons of oil (to fry the Chinese noodles)
● 1 lemon cut into wedges
● Coriander leaves
GREEN MANGO SALAD - Serves 4 people (as a big starter)
Before the class
● Wash and peel all vegetables
● Slice the carrot in julienne
● Have all ingredients ready and portioned
● 1 green mango 500g approx, peeled, de-stoned and slice in thin julienne.
● 1 carrot peeled, sliced in thin julienne
● 1 large red chili pepper, seeds removed, sliced thinly
● 2 tablespoons fried shallots
● 3 tablespoons roasted salted peanuts, coarsely chopped
● Mint, coriander
● Sea salt
● 3 tablespoons soy sauce
● 3 tablespoons lime juice
● 3 tablespoons coconut sugar (or you can use brown sugar)
● 2 garlic cloves minced
● Chopped fresh chili to your liking
Servings: 4 ramekins
● Pestle and mortar
● Chopping board and knives
● Saucepan to cook the noodles
● Sieve to drain the noodles
● Frying pan to fry some of the noodles as a topping
● Chopping board and knives
● Serving bowls
● Julienne peeler (or a good knife for the mango)
For information: firstname.lastname@example.org / 020 8442 4266
Location: Zoom, details to be provided via email (usually the day before the class). Check your junk mail if need be!