THE PLANT-BASED COMMUNITY COOKERY SCHOOL
Thursday 22nd October 2020
6:30pm - 9:00pm
£71* (£59 Concession) includes a delicious Italian meal and Recipe pack. Price includes VAT.
* This fee is used to fund our programme of free courses to vulnerable and low-income community groups.
Made In Hackney
128 Clapton Common
"I'll show you the techniques to make hand-made pasta using plant-based ingredients, how to dress and fill your pasta with complimentary flavours, create a seasonal antipasto and make an Italian sweet".
Mark Breen, chef at Made In Hackney.
The class will include:
• Delicious Italian dishes using traditional skills and seasonal ingredients
• How to make and hand-roll a plant-based Tagliatelle pasta dough
• Make a fresh and vibrant Italian antipasto of Sicilian Caponato using delicious ingredients (plus a secret ingredient to add real richness)
• How to fill and dress pasta with a Pesto using flavours that contrast and compliment
• Create the classic Italian dessert of Panna Cotta, using plant-based ingredients for a light and creamy taste, to complete the perfect meal
• A delicious Italian meal and recipes to take home
Mark Breen is a classically trained chef. Mark loves showing people how to cook what is seasonal, and at its best, at any given time. His passion is teaching people how to cook with skill and enjoyment to create beautiful and tasty dishes that are good for your taste-buds, bodies and soul. When Mark isn’t working with Made In Hackney or as a private chef, he’s usually in the kitchen at home perfecting flavour blends or creating ferments and pickles.
Fee*: £71 (£59 Concession*) includes a delicious Italian meal and Recipe pack. Price includes VAT.
* This fee is used to fund our programme of free courses to vulnerable and low-income community groups. By attending a Made In Hackney masterclass you get a great day of learning AND you’re providing our charity with essential funds for us to continue our work with vulnerable community groups.
** Concessionary rate available for students, pensioners, unemployed and low waged
Refunds: we require a minimum of 7 days' notice for any cancellations or transfers once you have booked onto a class.
Vouchers: To redeem a voucher purchased on our site, please contact us to book a place. If contacting us by email please attach your voucher. If telephoning, have your voucher to hand so you can quote the voucher number.
For information: firstname.lastname@example.org / 020 8442 4266
Location: Made In Hackney, Liberty Hall, 128 Clapton Common, Spring Hill, Clapton, London, E5 9AA, UK
Made In Hackney uses cereals containing gluten namely: wheat (spelt and khorasan wheat), rye, barley, oats; peanuts; all other nuts; sesame; all other seeds; soybeans; celery and celeriac; mustard; sulphur dioxide/sulphites; lupin; tomatoes and other allergens in it's classes. Our food is freshly prepared in our busy cookery school kitchen that handles allergens, so we cannot guarantee that our food and drinks are allergen-free. Even in classes where these ingredients are not being used, they will be on site in our store rooms and our equipment will have previously come into contact with them. Participants attend at their own risk.