Go Nuts Donuts
Who doesn't love a donut? This sophisticated donut has a lot more nourishment than your average one and tastes banging too. Amazing recipe from our friends over at The Cook & Him.
1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
1 cup (150g) plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/3 cup (50g) coconut sugar
2 x 40g bars Grenade Go Nuts
1/2 cup (125ml) unsweetened almond milk
1/2 cup (140g) coconut yoghurt
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup (75g) dairy free dark chocolate
1 x 40g bar Grenade Go Nuts
- In a medium bowl mix the ground flax seeds with 3 tablespoons of cold water and set aside.
- In a large bowl put the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and coconut sugar, stir together.
- Unwrap 2 of the Grenade bars and either chop very finely with a sharp knife or whizz in a food processor until well chopped.
- To the flax seed mixture add the milk, yoghurt and vinegar.
- Preheat your oven to 180 Fan / 200 C / 400 F / Gas 6 and grease your donut moulds with a little oil or spray oil.
- Add the bowl of wet ingredients to the bowl of dry and mix thoroughly together, making sure no pockets of flour remain.
- Spoon into a piping bag either with just the end snipped off or a fairly narrow plain nozzle fitted.
- Pipe the batter into the moulds, filling each recess 2/3 full.
- Bake for 25 minutes until well risen and golden.
- Leave to cool for 5 minutes in the moulds before popping out then leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Once the donuts are cooled, break the chocolate into chunks and melt in the microwave or over a bain-marie (a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water).
- While that's melting roughly chop the remaining Grenade bar - you want smallish pieces but some nice definable chunks!
- Dip the smooth, rounded side of the donuts into the chocolate then sprinkle with some of the chopped up Grenade bars.
- Leave the chocolate to set before storing in an airtight container.
This stunning recipe is from our friends over at veggie and vegan food blog The Cook & Him.