***Job Alert*** Marketing and Social Media Apply Now!
Posted Tuesday 3rd October 2023...
This is a really exciting opportunity for a Marketing and Social Media Manager who can use their skills and creativity to promote Made in Hackney's work to a larger supporter base.
Post: Marketing and Social Media Manager
Hours: 3 days a week
Location: Hybrid: partly home-based and partly at Liberty Hall, London E5 9AA
Salary: £21,000pa (based on £35,000 per annum pro rata)
Holiday: 15 days per year (plus bank holidays – see below for more details)
Made In Hackney (MIH) opened its doors in 2012 as the UK’s first fully vegan community cookery school. We believe everyone should have access to healthy, affordable food that’s good for people and planet. We collaborate with communities to provide free nutritious meals and to share the skills to grow, cook and eat more plants to improve not only the health of people but the planet too.
We are seeking a creative, highly motivated and strategically minded individual to become our Marketing and Social Media Manager. The objective of this role is to help the charity by developing and delivering new digital marketing campaigns to grow both our customer and supporter base and take them on a rewarding journey of increasing engagement to become long term participants, friends, supporters and donors.
The experience of working for Made In Hackney is unique and rewarding. There is plenty of room to be creative and bring new ideas. In our 11th year of community service, it is a hugely exciting time to join us as we continue to develop our programmes and approach to create impactful experiences for our community.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for defining and implementing the strategy for marketing and communications and utilising the full marketing mix to drive engagement and brand awareness.
- Responsible for monitoring and measuring the effectiveness of all marketing and communications activity, reporting on engagement and impact analysis. Use data and insight to refine the approach to better serve and engage target audiences. Ensuring marketing activity is focussed on successfully delivering tangible outcomes including building audiences, increasing donations, class sales etc
- Oversee all marketing activity including newsletters, social media posts, blogs and other vehicles, ensuring materials (banners, flyers, fundraising cards etc) and messaging are consistent with brand and tone of voice guidelines. Enhance and further develop MIH’s existing brand guidelines.
- Develop and deliver content for MIH’s website. Manage and ensure regular and timely website updates and ensure web content added by team members and volunteers meets structure and brand guidelines.
- Develop promotional marketing campaigns to increase participation and revenue generation for MIH’s online and in-person ticketed cookery class programme, ensuring each class achieves maximum ticket sales.
- Lead content, copywriting and image/video selection for monthly newsletters, collaborating with colleagues to ensure key messages are effectively promoted.
- Initiate activations online - competitions, instagram takeovers, paid advertising - and in the real world to grow MIH’s supporter base to promote fundraisers, masterclasses and volunteer opportunities.
- Responsible for updating key organisational videos using pro bono or discounted professionals and on an annual to biannual basis.
- Collaborate with the fundraising and programmes teams to develop and implement marketing solutions and campaigns to support fundraising and engagement targets.
- Coordinate the charity’s response to all press enquiries.
- Responsible to effectively self-manage the role and choose and prioritise the most effective marketing activations to maximise time allocated
- Ensure MIH has a presence at relevant vegan, plant-based food, sustainable food, sustainability and other related events to build awareness about our work and a stronger supporter base across our digital marketing platforms.
- Proactively manage activity across social media platforms Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn. Create engaging and participative social media posts and experiences, increase awareness of MIH’s work and help to meet the objectives of campaigns and programmes.
- Substantially grow our online communities and engagement across all MIH’s social media channels and create a sense of community and build relationships with passionate and influential individuals who can increase MIH’s impact.
- Use scheduling platforms, apps, services and/or a staff rota to have a daily presence on social media with community management daily
- Work with external professionals to develop successful paid digital social advertising campaigns.
- Keep abreast of digital marketing trends, emerging digital platforms and online spaces that could provide opportunities to increase brand awareness and income through class participation and donations
- Proven experience in marketing, preferably in the nonprofit or charity sector
- Passionate about food justice, how plant-based food can play a crucial role in tackling health inequalities and the climate crisis
- Has taken anti-racism training either formally or through own self development work
- Can create high quality visual assets using CANVA
- Has an eye for beautiful impactful design and both food and people photo editing/selection
- Have excellent experience and understanding of using online and off-line marketing tools and techniques to increase the visibility, profile and reputation of an organisation
- Demonstrated success in creating and implementing innovative marketing strategies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a keen eye for detail and an ability to communicate clearly with a range of people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Creative thinker with the ability to think strategically and analytically
- Ability to work collaboratively and build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Confident in using in a CRM systems analyse and grow relationships
- Ability to take initiative, problem solve, and think creatively
- Enthusiasm, energy and a positive attitude
- Training provided in Salesforce, Safeguarding Adults and Children, Emergency First Aid, Food Safety etc
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) which includes counselling and physiotherapy
- Staff well-being and social activities throughout the year
- Focus time working – the opportunity to work flexibly over the Christmas and summer period – See Annual Leave Policy for full details
- Pension Scheme
- Staff discount of 15% in Food For All Shop
We have a strong commitment to promoting diversity, equality and equal opportunities. We welcome applications from underrepresented groups, whether these be of ethnicity, gender, identity, religion, physical ability, sexual orientation or other.
HOW TO APPLY
View the full Job Description and Person Specification here
The deadline for the receipt of applications is 5pm on Monday 31st October 2023 though we encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we will be scheduling interviews as we get applications and reserve the right to close the job early.
To apply, send a CV outlining your career history and relevant experience for the role and a cover letter outlining what has attracted you to apply for the role of Marketing & Social Media Manager at Made in Hackney and what makes you the right candidate for the role.
Please send your application to: email@example.com
If you have any questions about the recruitment process or the role please contact Rashmi Joshi, Operations Manager firstname.lastname@example.org