THE PLANT-BASED COMMUNITY COOKERY SCHOOL
Fancy joining the Made In Hackney team? Have a passion about food and want to share it with others?
We are looking for new freelance cookery teachers to join our growing team and help deliver a new series of cookery courses to local community groups.
The right applicant will have
- The skills and knowledge to deliver healthy plant-based meals, based on seasonal produce.
- Be able to teach basic cookery techniques such as preserving and fermenting.
- Be passionate about making healthy, sustainable food accessible to those on a low budget and be able to meticulously cost out recipes.
- Have detailed knowledge of the health and environmental benefits of local, seasonal, organic plant-based food.
- Be familiar with home composting, East London’s local food growing scene and the problems of the current food system.
- Have experience of teaching vulnerable adults and young people.
- Be able to create teaching resources such as lesson plans and hand outs and be able to adapt teaching style to a range of learning needs.
- The position will pay £17 per hour, agreed overtime hours are available to cover additional aspects of the role such as placing orders for the kitchen store room and prepping for courses.
Application Deadline: 10TH November 2014
Send CV’s and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org